[FFmpeg-user] How can I extract 8 linear thumbnails from videos with differnt length?

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Thu Apr 7 13:00:57 CEST 2016

* Christoph Gerstbauer on Thursday, April 07, 2016 at 10:12:14 +0200
>> Depending on the calculation it may be easier/more intuitive to
>> use framerate:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i input -filter:v framerate=1/10 out-%d.jpg
>>
>> will create one image every ten secs.
>
> I dont need every x seconds one image ;)

That's why I wrote 'Depending on the calculation' - in many cases
I would find it easier to grab the duration with ffprobe first,
and calculate the required interval in secs before I run ffmpeg.

Otherwise the select filter is indeed your friend.

--
\black\trash movie    _MORALISK  ANSTALT_
                        "Nix verstanden."

--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/moraliskanstalt.php