[FFmpeg-user] on frame changes in recode

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Thu Apr 28 23:31:57 CEST 2016

Moritz Barsnick schreef op 28-04-2016 13:20:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 20:17:56 +0000, Xen wrote:
>> > Only if you want support on this mailing list;-)
>> That sounds horrendous.
>
> Why? The log contains valuable information, such as details about the
> input, messages regarding what ffmpeg is doing in particular, warnings
> and error messages. And, e.g. in your case, whether ffmpeg is dropping
> or adding frames.

I was joking. The horrendous part referred to getting support.

>> Well I think this is about the output of the
>> first attempt (to mp4):
>
> You shouldn't remove anything, neither your actual command line nor the
> banner. (Ton of repetetive messages in the middle could be omitted if
> too long.

There's hardly anything left I think you are nitpicking now.

I think I already supplied the command line :-/.

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -ss 00:5:50.800 -vcodec libx264 output.mp4

Basically there is no other information unless you want the number of
spaces typed on average every day on my system.

I don't have that data :p.

It's very simple:

* whether I use gstreamer (pitivi) or avidemux or ffmpeg
* the output always has the 2nd frame duplicated, and the "scene"
prolonged from 11 frames to 12 frames.

I mean I can supply the files as well but I can probably suffice with 2
youtube-dl commands since they are both on youtube now.

This is the download:

youtube-dl -f 22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wdB-Vt-ZY

Here is the finished product:

(rather unfinished :p);

youtube-dl -f 22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFhFD-UlwRc

You can use any player (e.g. VLC) that can do frame-by-frame to see how
it is constructed.

I mean, what more do you want?

You can easily reproduce it given above command.

All of this is unnecessary, but if it makes you happy, here you have it
;P.

Maybe you think I'm nitpicking but I'm just concerned that the simplest
of edit operations result in this corruption.

Regards.