[FFmpeg-user] How to preserve file time

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Aug 18 12:38:20 EEST 2024

Am 18.08.24 um 00:54 schrieb Ulf Zibis:

> Am 18.08.24 um 00:26 schrieb Reindl Harald:

>>> And WHAT then happens with the original file, when write creates
>>> ANOTHER file ???
>>
>> NOTHING'
>
> Another interesting variant. So we then have 2 output files with the
> same name.

echo "moron" > "yourstate.txt"
echo "foolish moron" > "yourstate.txt"

there is no delete operation, there is only one file which is
identically handeled in both cases

you pretended "But for convenience FFmpeg CLI provides option `-y` for
this task" which is technically nonsense - that's the whole topic - period

so your are talking nosense all the time