[FFmpeg-user] I found the bugs

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 09:04:49 EEST 2024

On 15/06/2024 23.39, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
> On 2024-06-15 19:27, Mark Filipak wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if folks from here went here:
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/11055
>> and saw what is going on. It's up to 76 comments now, so what I ask will take you a while.
>> What's going on is a crime.
>
> What's the crime, detective?  All I see is two people talking past each other and not being clear
> about their evidence. I posted a comment with my feedback for you two.

You posted an irrelevant comment supporting inadmissible info from one of the accused: FFprobe
show_frames.

What's the crime? MasterQuestionable is kicking up dust to obscure the simple fact that showinfo and
show_frames have both been condemned by, 1, a packet analyzer that reports on what's in the actual
PESes (packetized elemental streams), and 2, their own brother, framecrc. The crime is trying to
hide what is clearly wrong with FFmpeg.