[FFmpeg-user] I found the bugs

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Sun Jun 16 10:51:22 EEST 2024

On 2024-06-15 23:04, Mark Filipak wrote:

> On 15/06/2024 23.39, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
>> On 2024-06-15 19:27, Mark Filipak wrote:
>>
>>> It would be nice if folks from here went here:
>>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/11055
>>> and saw what is going on. It's up to 76 comments now, so what I ask
>>> will take you a while.
>>> What's going on is a crime.
>>
>> What's the crime, detective?  All I see is two people talking past
>> each other and not being clear about their evidence. I posted a
>> comment with my feedback for you two.
>
> You posted an irrelevant comment supporting inadmissible info from one
> of the accused: FFprobe show_frames.

_Who_ posted the criminal comment (the comment you describe as "What's
going on is a crime")?  _I_ posted it?  Check again.

Note that the XML file which MasterQuestionable attached is from
ffprobe's -show_entries, not -show_frames. If you want to assert that
those are the same thing, and that -show_entries data is untrustworthy
for the same reason that -show_frames data is, then you should have some
evidence for that assertion.

> What's the crime? MasterQuestionable is kicking up dust to ...

That's not a _crime_. That's just ineffective technical discussion.
Getting carried away with a crime & trial courtroom theme pretty soon
dilutes the technical discussion as well.