[FFmpeg-user] I found the bugs

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 19:21:25 EEST 2024

On 19/06/2024 12.02, Rob Hallam wrote:
-snip-
> I can confirm I see a pause at "23%", though mpv reports it as
> 00:00:00 and then a seeming jump or fast increment through
> percentages. I would probably have to record the screen or something
> to see exactly what happened, unless there's a way to get mpv to
> produce a log.

If you loop (i.e., [Shift][L]) and watch, you'll see it. I get this:
0:00.825 (20%) - pause
0:00.950 (23%) - pause
0:02.952 (74%) - continues

May I reiterate that the DTS & PTS timestamps in the actual packet stream are 100% correct.
May I point out that FFmpeg functions give 3 differing values for those DTSes & PTSes.
May I point out that MPV is using FFmpeg to get timestamps.
May I point out that VLC and PowerDVD do not use FFmpeg and they play Ticket_11055.m2ts just fine.

It's funny. I never even noticed that MPV gives percentages.