[FFmpeg-user] Resolve (was Re: key frame)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 00:35:14 EEST 2024

On 29/06/2024 17.18, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Mark Filipak wrote:
>   > On 29/06/2024 16.28, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
>   > > On 6/29/2024 12:56 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
>   > > > I did. That's why I decided not to use it.
>   > >
>   > > Your loss.
>   > >
>   > > z!
>   >
>   > No, they're loss. Open ports shine on the Internet like stars in the sky. Open ports want to be found.
>
> Only if your router is misconfigured to let all ports through to your
> internal network by default.  If it does, then a relatively uncommon
> piece of MPEG software will be the least of your problems.
>
> Best regards
> Oliver

That is not true, and if Oliver used his head, he'd know it's not true.
1 - Blackmagic is not reprogramming routers to allow ports into LANs. Ports are allowed in by default.
2 - There is a web site that shows your open ports. I can't remember the name. Sorry. I did tests to
prove open ports are readily seen. I did not have to reconfigure the router to do the tests. The
site uses your IP to probe.

Don't listen to Oliver or Phil or Jim or others. They are far too permissive and ignorant. Use your
own head.