[FFmpeg-user] Resolve (was Re: key frame)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 06:28:06 EEST 2024

On 29/06/2024 22.42, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 6/29/2024 5:37 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> The firewall is between them and the OS networking.
>
> The firewall is between your ISP's terminal device ...

What's an "ISP's terminal device"?

>... and your PC's network interface ...

What's "your PC's network interface"? My network interface is Ethernet. That's a long way from the
firewall.

>... and it's
> probably also performing routing and NAT; many people call it just a router, but it's also
> performing other functions as well. Check out it's functionality.

I thought you were referring to the operating system's firewall. You're not. You're obviously
referring to the gateway router. That's not a firewall.

> If you're simply depending on the PC's "firewall" software, you're not following the accepted
> practices.

You have a router that also has a firewall? I've never seen such a thing. How does it service a
particular computer application?

> Oh, and "non-routable addresses"? see RFC1918.

I don't care about non-routable addresses. Why would anyone care?