[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg wav lossless to youtube mov?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:14:02 EEST 2024

пт, 24 мая 2024 г., 01:00 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> Am 23.05.24 um 23:44 schrieb Zathras Yes:
> > And yes, a conversion of the soundfiles is not wanted, exactly.
> >
> > In a picky manner of speaking, it is a conversion of one file to another,
> > but let''s not go into this nitpicking here.
>
> again: "-acodec copy" is NOT a conversion - you are pumping a
> unsupported audio-stream into a container with the result of an invalid
> file
>
> this is not a ffmpeg problem - it's PEBCAK

/* ISO/IEC 23003-5 integer formats */
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S16BE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S16LE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S24BE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S24LE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S32BE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_S32LE,       MOV_MP4_IPCM_TAG          },
    /* ISO/IEC 23003-5 floating-point formats */
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_F32BE,       MOV_MP4_FPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_F32LE,       MOV_MP4_FPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_F64BE,       MOV_MP4_FPCM_TAG          },
    { AV_CODEC_ID_PCM_F64LE,       MOV_MP4_FPCM_TAG          },

from libavformat/movenc.c

so I guess it should be muxable, but may be yt  not really likes increased
total bitrate in this case, and whole thing (vid + aud) served now as  many
little pieces mostly ...? I think ALAC also exist as experimental (strict
-2) codec in ffmpeg.