[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg wav lossless to youtube mov?

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Fri May 24 04:17:43 EEST 2024

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 1:12 AM Zathras Yes <zathras.the.first at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as i have mentioned to Mr. Reindl, the online-converter
> https://www.freeconvert.com/wav-to-mov  does the trick.
>
> ffmpeg should be able to do the same, I suppose.
> May be, I am in error, may be not...
>
> 1. make a wav-files (16 Bit, 44.1 kHz) "sound.wav"
> 2. use the mentioned online converter from "sound.wav" to "upload.mov"
> 3. Upload this "upload.mov" to youtube.
> 4. Go to the youtube-link and download the file "download.mov"
> 5. extract the sound file out of "download.mov" --> "extracted.wav"
> 6. Compare the original file "sound.wav" with "extracted.wav" with its
> spectrogramms. (Audacity or Spectral Layers for instance)
> --> et voila the files are exactly the same!

"Audacity or Spectral Layers" spectrograms does not mean much, at least
half of data, the phase, is not shown in typical spectrograms.

Two .wav files are exactly the same if cmp UNIX tool returns empty output
when given paths to two .wav files as argmunt to cmp tool.

The AAC SLS (The lossless variant of AAC) is completely different sub-codec
for AAC, and very marginally supported.