[Ffmtech-board-election] FFmtech board elections

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jun 9 16:06:20 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 01:03:39AM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Candidates for the FFmtech board:
>
> 2, Diego Biurrun
>
> Voting procedure:
>
> Wednesday 8th of June will be available for the candidates to present
> themselves if they choose to do so. Presentations should be sent to this
> mailing-list.

I am running for a second term on the FFmtech board of directors and am
willing to serve in any position the board may see fit to assign to me.

The first year of the foundation saw us collect some funds and put them
to good use, but there is still room for improvement, as can be expected
from such an organization's first year.

Should I get elected to serve on the board of directors, I intend to try
to fund more projects.  In order to achieve this, the foundation should
not only wait for projects to be suggested to it, but instead take a more
active role in seeking funding opportunities.  This means looking out for
weak areas in our codebase or things that need to be (better) supported
in free software and then putting up bounties for solving the issues or
directly proposing such projects to people that are suitable for solving
them.

I also consider the many meetings at various events that many of us
attend an important part of building a healthy community and would be
willing to help community members attend such events by partially
paying for travel expenses with foundation funds.

Diego