[FFserver-user] streaming video + audio ?

adminrezo.0441992b adminrezo.0441992b at ac-nantes.fr
Tue Mar 27 11:30:58 CEST 2012

Hello,

As promissed.....

Here included I put 2 files to indicate my configuration
- a file named "prepare" wich countains all parameters to run "configure"
- a file named "ffserver.swf.conf" wich countains all the conf to run
ffserver and ffmpeg (together)

hope that that mailing-list accepts joined files...

Once again  some tech info:
I am running on ubuntu-server 10.04 lts
I (re)compiled from sources provided by ubuntu, including the .diff
file  (use  "patch -p0 < ffmpeg.......diff")  sothat I could add the
lame-mp3 library.
- untar the original source-file
- apply the patch  (i.e.  the .diff file)
- run "prepare"  : read carefully the messages to check if all expected
codecs are correctly included
- make , make install

I can not give any advice for other platforms nor systems.

have fun

Le 21/03/2012 17:47, Michal Tausk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> glad to hear. Please, provide working config for streaming video and
> audio. I would like to do it, too. I don't care which format, just
> need a working one (mpeg-ts, flv, asf...). So far I managed to stream
> only MP3 through http:// URI.
>
> Does it work through rtsp:// or through http:// ?
>
> Thanks.
>

>  21.3.2012 17:38, adminrezo.0441992b  wrote / napísal(a):
>> Finally, after several testings, I could get a working streaming
>> swf format  (flv + mp3), 15fps, audiobitrate=16K
>>
>> I needed to make several copilations from various version.
>>
>> tested the 0.6.5 version downloaded from ffmpeg.org site.
>> Was working so-so :
>> - long delay in the streaming
>> - pause in the streaming
>> - ffserver consuming about 95-98% CPU
>>

>> Finally, I chose to recompile from ubuntu-source, that means, exactly
>> the same version as provided through the binary (0.5.1).
>> needed to apply the patch  (.diff file provided with the source)
>> I included the lame-mp3 codec  (wich is not provided in the binary
>> package of ffmpeg, from ubuntu)
>>
>> Finally, it is working wonderfully well
>> ffmpeg  approx 12% CPU
>> ffserver approx  0.3% CPU
>> on a 2.4 Ghz celeron  (old Dell 170L)
>>

>> ...happy at last !!!!!
>>

>> Le 13/03/2012 17:50, adminrezo.0441992b a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am now facing a new problem.
>>> still using my  ubuntu-server 10.04 LTS
>>>
>>> I want to use speex audio codec with my ffmpeg and ffserver
>>> -enable-libspeex  appears when I call "ffmpeg -formats"  or
>>> "ffserver -formats"
>>> - libspeex1 and libspeexdsp1 libraries are installed on the system
>>> (apt-get install .....)
>>> but ffserver complains that it does not know about
>>> speex  /  libspeex  /   libsppeex1  / libspeexdsp1
>>> how come ?
>>> finally I realize that "ffmpeg -formats" doest not display the "EA"
>>> flags for this codec
>>>
>>> trying to stream .ogg  (audio + video)
>>> launching separately ffserver and ffmpeg
>>> ffsever complains when receiving connexion from ffmpeg : "could not
>>> find codec parameters (audio: vorbis,44100 Hz, stereo,s16,64kb/s)
>>> sending video only (without audio) from ffmpeg to ffserver is
>>> working (if I don't mention fps video-rate)....but can't get it
>>> working on VLC
>>>

>>> So finally,  is there a full-tested workable configuration to send
>>> video+audio with ffmpeg/ffserver ?

Xavier COUDIN - coordinateur informatique
Lycée "Pays-de-Retz"
1 pl Joseph Girard   44210 PORNIC
tel 02 40 82 40 19    poste 167