[Ffmpeg-devel] CyberLink PowerCinema for Linux

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon Jun 6 18:12:35 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> It contains more tarballs and a few patches.  Among them is an
> unmodified version of MPlayer 1.0pre7 and an object file in the ffmpeg
> directory:
>
> http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/PCMLinux_GPL_sources/ffmpeg/ff_all.o
>
> Can anybody make heads or tails of this one?  There is no source code,
> which they should be distributing alongside the object file...

That's a few C++ classes (VideoPictureQueue, PacketQueue, Decoder,
and a few others), some of which use the normal lavc/lavf API.  There
are also references to Python and SDL, and of course libc.  The
wonderful tool "nm" will tell you all this.

My understanding of the LGPL is that there is no requirement to
release source code to that file.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com