[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] literary hideosities

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Thu Apr 20 08:37:37 CEST 2006

2006/4/19, Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:34:51AM +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > Oh well, if real computers were as in TV series we'd all get mad from
> > the constant beeping sounds, and we'll all be dump as it would guess
>
> I do get mad from the beeping sounds! That's why my first action is
> always to unplug the internal speaker (yes, I know you can switch off
> those beeps via software, but that does not work nearly as well - not
> to mention you miss out the feeling of revenge *g*)

How can I switch it off by software?
No matter how hard I try there will always be one more program that
will find a way to beep out .
I guess I need kernel patch to disable it completely...

BTW Sneakers is way better in technical terms than Hackers. I don't
think there were any major screw ups. The movie starts with
mathematician who developed custom RSA breaking hardware. On the other
hand I cannot stop thinking about the flyby 3d animation that they
showed to visualize the hacking in Hackers.