[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Jan Knutar jknutar
Thu Apr 27 21:03:19 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 21:45, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> 1. a license will not prevent generation of invalid files, these either
> get generated by 14 year old kids who for example replace the startcodes
> with their own and change the name (msmpeg4v3 hacks style) these types
> dont read license ...

Plus, trying to enforce it in the license is probably impossible. I think usually
companies use trademark law to enforce similar things. Like Java and OpenGL.
Why Mesa is called Mesa and Microsoft Java is called Microsoft Virtual Machine,
I guess.