[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Apr 28 20:02:55 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:49:57PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
> >>I think you forgot another container that is already in use: matroska.
> >
> >No, matroska is block-based just like avi, not stream-based.
>
> Yes sir and no sir. It's block based and can be streamed.

so can avi, and even with index, ODML should allow it, and IMO with less
complexity then matroska though certainly more overhead and many other
limitations ...

Michael