[Ffmpeg-devel] Illegal instruction error for ffmpeg and x264 on Intel iMac

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Mar 31 21:29:52 CEST 2006

On 3/31/06, Laine Lee <llee at lonestar.utsa.edu> wrote:

> The only difference I see when I run with debugging enabled is that "Program
> exited with code 0204." appears instead of "Illegal instruction".

you need to provide a back trace and a dis-assembly of the part of
code where the error occurred (the link I gave you explains that I

is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.

-- H. P. Lovecraft (about the flamewars on FFmpeg and MPlayer-dev mailing lists)