[FFmpeg-devel] New project using ffmpeg

Cezary Falba cezary
Tue Dec 18 12:43:36 CET 2007

On 18 Dec 2007, at 08:20, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:12:57AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> I'm sorry for a long delay with solving those issues. Could you
>>> please
>>> revise that software's site and give me your comments?
>>
>> First off, you mention FFmpeg (misspelled on your site), AviSynth and
>> Perl, but you don't link to them.  This is the internet, place a
>> link!
>>
>>> I'm just not sure if there is enough information about the way we
>>> use
>>> ffmpeg.
>>
>> The information you provide is OK I would say, but please do not
>> misspell FFmpeg (notice the two capital F) and use ffmpeg.org as the
>> homepage link.
>>
>>> I'd like to be 100% sure everything is clear and ok with ffmpeg
>>> team before
>>> we include that page on company's website and allow other people
>>> to use it.
>>
>> I just installed the Mac version of Saffron Encoder again but you
>> made
>> no changes at all!  Everything I criticized above is still valid and
>> none of the things you promise above have been implemented.
>>
>> What's it gonna be?
>
> Also, you claim that your software is available under the GPL, but
> when
> I download the source code, there is no sign of the GPL anywhere and
> all
> files are marked as copyrighted by you or Saffron Digital or lack any
> copyright or license information.  This makes them effectively non-
> free.
>
> Also, there is the following statement on your website:
>
>  By downloading our software you accept the GPL licence which can be
>  found here.
>
> This makes me think that you still haven't read the GPL, since it
> contains a paragraph about the need to accept the license that this
> conflicts with.
>
> Releasing your software under a license you have not read is
> tantamount
> to buying a house/car/whatever without reading the contract.  I'll
> contact you in private with some excellent Brooklyn bridges that I
> have
> for sale at premium conditions...
>
> best regards
>
> Diego

Good morning,

Thanks a lot for checking a site and all advices.
I just fixed a website and added a license to both sources and
installers.
It will be highly appreciated if you could re-check that page again
when you have few minutes.
There is no rush as we still have time before we officially release it
to public.

Regards,
Cezary