[Ffmpeg-devel] support for hddvd .evo files (mpg ps variant) in ffmpeg

Ian Caulfield ian.caulfield
Wed Jan 17 09:47:02 CET 2007

On 1/17/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Ian Caulfield wrote:

> >> for the chronicle, the 0xbd->0xC0 substream contain ac3
> >
> > 0xfd->0x55 - VC-1 primary video
> > 0xfd->0x75 - VC-1 secondary video
>
> ok, but -as I can see in the stream- in the case of vc1 the substream
> id seems is stored in the pes_extension_2 field, not in the pes
> payload as for ac3&co.
> I remember reading this in the smpte specs, but unfortunately
> i don't have the iso specs where the syntax for substreaming
> in pes_extension_2 is defined.
> Can anyone post an excerpt, please?

Basically if the first bit of pes_extension_2 is 0, then the next 7 bits
define the extension stream id. I posted a patch to parse these streams, not
sure if it got through or not...

> 0xbd->0x88-0x8f - DTS-HD primary audio
> > 0xbd->0x98-0x9f - DTS-HD secondary audio
>
> is dts-hs compatible with dts?

Yes - old decoders ignore the additional information and decode it as
standard DTS

> 0xbd->0xb0-0xbf - MLP audio
>
> oh,one more codec. what is it?

MLP was used on DVD-Audio. It's been rebranded as "Dolby TrueHD" for the new
optical disk formats.

Ian