[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] Increase av_log() levels

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jan 19 19:38:16 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 04:22:47PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 13:00 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > in the recent "Pass a context to av_log() in libswscale" thread, Michael
> > proposed to increase the number of av_log() levels.
> > Michael's proposal is in the attached patch; I am starting a new thread
> > with it so that interested people can discuss and comment the proposal.
> Some time passed, and I only saw a reply from Diego... So, I assume
> there is not much interest in this discussion :)
>
> What's the right thing to do, then? Apply the patch (with Diego's
> fixes), or discard it?

well ...

make a list of advantages, a list of disadvantages (complexity, object size?,
source size i guess), then ask yourself for
each item on the list how important that is for ffmpegs users, for its
developers and at the end decide which is more important and then
apply or discard it

No evil is honorable: but death is honorable; therefore death is not evil.
-- Citium Zeno