[Ffmpeg-devel] Real-time mpegts encoding and streaming

Kling, Fredrik Fredrik.Kling
Thu Mar 1 08:34:03 CET 2007

> >The MPEG2 TS muxer/encoder in ffmpeg is flawed, I would not use it..
>
> Actually, I have some problems with the generated ts files
> regarding the
> timestamps. But, unfortunately, ffmpeg is the only project I know that
> is very good on what it's doing. Do you have any other similar project
> in mind that build mpeg2 ts files corectly?

If possible, I would go for the VLC TS-muxer..
I am not sure if it's perfect but it is better...
The 'flaws' I had problems with are related to fixed-payload size, and
SDT retransmission frequencies (causing quite an overhead, in my case it
was ~64%)..

// Fredrik

<DIV><FONT size="1">

E-mail confidentiality.
--------------------------------
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. If you require assistance, please contact our IT department at helpdesk at spirent.com.

Spirent Communications plc,
Spirent House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Spirent House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL, United Kingdom

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
26750 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91302, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300

</FONT></DIV>