[Ffmpeg-devel] Motion Estimation/compensation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 10 01:20:17 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 10:51:38AM -0500, femi. s bandele wrote:
> Thanks alot michael for the reply. I would definately get a patch sent out
> to you when i am done. I see that Predict_slice is called in the encoder. I
> am still trying to figure out what functions are called to reconstruct the
> new frame in the decoder. I know that decode_frame and decode_block is
> called in snow.c.But none of these functions use motion vectors for frame
> reconstruction in the decoder.Any ideas would be helpful.

well reading/searching the source code probably would be a good idea ...

anyway, the decoder performs coefficient decode, dequantization, IDWT and
motion compensation for a few lines, then again decode, dequant, IDWT, MC
for the next few, this is faster but the code is less readable sadly ...

the functions you should look at are predict_slice_buffered()/add_yblock()

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle