[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG contact info request for Microsoft logo certificationdocument

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu May 15 18:23:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 03:58:01AM +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > That's the situation.
> > Once again thank you very much for your help.
>
> Hmm, aren't signed binaries in conflict with the (L)GPL ?
> Anyone receiving your application should be able to replace the
> original ffmpeg.exe by one they built themselves.
>
> Unless signing is just about warning users but not enforced by the code
> using ffmpeg.exe, it might contradict this.

Signing in this case (as far as I can tell) is only a means of
confirming who published the binary and that it is unmodified.
It should be possible to remove the signature and nothing will really
change (there are some exceptions I think, but then still all that would
be necessary would be to click "ok").

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger