[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Sat Oct 2 16:08:06 CEST 2010

>> not to mention neither are patches for x264 publically posted for review
>
> Fucking bullshit. ?We post every single patch for days before review
> and make sure that every single active developer has looked over them.
> ?Committing freely is strictly prohibited. ?If ffmpeg had a similar
> level of code review, the average quality of code might be higher than
> ink flicked from a pen onto a pile of paper.
>
> Dark Shikari

And to repeat, I absolutely agree that any level of required code
review should be applied to my own commits.  I am worried whenever I
commit code without others looking at it; I have done such review so
long in x264 that whenever I work for a company that has no review, I
feel incredibly uncomfortable.

Of course, this is only useful if such review actually happens.  That
is, if "no review happens", the result should be a commit, not a patch
languishing for all eternity.  This gives people an incentive to add
criticism -- since if they don't criticize the patch, it will go in
as-is.

Dark Shikari