[FFmpeg-devel] Compromise

Jason Garrett-Glaser jason
Fri Feb 4 02:05:09 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
> Latest discussion of our compromis on publically logged #ffmpeg-devel without
> comment
> <michaelni> hi mans, ben said i have to reconcile with you for any compromis
> <michaelni> iam not so much interrested to join you guys than iam concerned about the community spliting up and leaving both sides
> <michaelni> ping mru
> <mru> explain "compromise"
> <mru> so far the only hints you've let slip have been totally unacceptable
> <mru> and "ben said ..." doesn't exactly convince me you understand what this is about
> <michaelni> compromise = "roots replaced by neutral people, stef,me,carl,reimar,baptiste joining commiters, clarification of leadership of new team, clarification of file maintainers vs commiters, some vission doc that lists goals of ffmpeg)
> <mru> unacceptable
> <michaelni> that is the idea for discussion
> <michaelni> what part?
> <mru> all of it

Why have you two unilaterally decided that Mans can speak for all of
us?  I find this extremely offensive, especially in light of the fact
that both of you have said that you're willing to move away from a
dictator model.  He is just one developer, and if we made a majority
vote that he should not have root, he will lose root.  Similarly, if
we make a majority vote that he should keep root, he will keep root.
You should talk to those who would vote, not he who would be voted