[FFmpeg-devel] Donations and what happens with them

Jason Garrett-Glaser jason
Thu Jan 27 01:42:47 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>There never where 18 people who wanted me not to be leader, there where 18
>people who considered the compromise of me loosing leadership and mans coming
>back in exchange to be worth a try. And several people refused to sign, some
>contacted me and told me they feel ashamed that their name is on that list.

I was one of this "some".

I backed your opinions via private mail, but only under the condition
that you stop this.  You haven't stopped this -- instead, you've gone
back to being your prior self in every possible worst sense of the
phrase.

>They belived they voted on a ultra secret compromise to bring mans back into
the project

"You're an incompetent leader who's drunk on power" has nothing to do
with anyone except yourself.  In fact, I would have probably been more
supportive of the "compromise" if Mans wasn't involved and wasn't
coming back.

> The official repository is the videolan repository, the other repository will
> be removed from that page.
> This is a decission of me as leader of the project.

>Iam also asking diego and mans to resign as roots with this mail.

You are insisting that everyone else resign, yet you yourself still
refuse to resign as "leader".  This is ridiculous.  You are even worse
than Mans and Diego: you want everyone else to give a mile when you
won't give a single inch.

I trusted that you would try to learn something -- anything -- from
your mistakes.  I was wrong to do so.  If you somehow get your way and
manage to sneak back into the position of "leader", I'm out of the
project.

Jason

P.S. You're still a better coder than I am, at least in the two hours
a year you spend coding and not flaming people.