[FFmpeg-devel] FFV1.3

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 22 04:40:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:01:05PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
> Quoting Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>
> >sOn Wed, May 16, 2012 at 09:01:46PM +0200, Peter B. wrote:
> >
> >-level 3
> >
> >and thanks for validating testing
> >
> >if you need help have questions ask me ...
>
> Thanks!
> I've started writing a bash-script for automated transcoding tests.
> My first focus is to confirm losslessness, and get a rought overview
> about the filesizes generated, related to their encoding options
> (slices, gop-size, ...)
>
> So far, everything looks good! :)
>
> I'd be open (and grateful) for suggestions about which features to
> include in these tests. The bash-script will be published and is

2 pass mode should be used, also its probably interrestimg to try
to generate the 2 pass statistics with one file and use them for
another in the 2nd pass (this should work well, and we may use
something like these statistics as default for 1 pass mode

It is what and why we do it that matters, not just one of them.