[FFmpeg-user] Libav (Avconv) Imposition on Users who want FFmpeg

miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Fri Aug 1 10:22:00 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-01 01:25, miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr wrote:
> On 2014-08-01 01:10, miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr wrote:
>> I hope this thread is still accepting replies.
>> I have written a text[...]
[snip]
>> [...]I am planning to post it
>> on:
>> Debian Development
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewforum.php?f=19
>> right after successful sending of this mail.
>
> And it is there.
[snip]
> Here it is, at the time of this writing:
>
> Defeat and Hope for GNU/Linux
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=116472

The pointer message shows up on:

http://www.deb-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20140731.231005.32dac362.en.html

as well.

There, and not here on FFmpeg mailing list archives (
https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-August/022782.html
a fact to which I have no complaints against), it can be seen that I
sent it
to:

To: FFmpeg user questions
CC: vorlon, ijackson, dmo-discussion

However, in the Debian Forums, while no server... ehrm... fluctuations
happened, as last time on Gentoo Forums, pls. see:

https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-April/021025.html
in bottom:

Wow, what an amazing coincidence, the gentoo forums are down.
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://forums.gentoo.org

, it has been moved from the Debian Development section
into the Offtopic section,

where it currently is,

and which I feel as an affront.

For which reason, I am making just one public plea for it to be
returned back
to the Debian Development section where I believe it belongs.

I understand that people who couldn't talk reason into the other
apostatizing
members of the  Debian Technical Commitee and others in among the
Debian
leadership who had been pushing the Debain Jessie that way very
probably can do
little for returning my post where it belongs, into the Debian
Development
section,

but please, Ian Jackson and Steve Langasek, can you help?

As well as you, Dasein, who I believe are Osamu Aoke, the man of the
Debian
Reference tutorial, which I read parts of and really enjoyed, could you
revert
from your "Moved to Offtopic" decision as can currently be seen here:

Defeat and Hope for GNU/Linux
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=116472#p548497

could you please, Osamu Aoke?

I believe I am making no mistake in my sending to all the mentioned
recipients
(I'm also adding Jan O. Kechel from publictimestamp.org, pls. see
below) along
with posting this text on the, currently Offtopic, but hopefully back
to Debian
Development section, my new Debian Forums topic: "Defeat and Hope for
GNU/Linux".

Another anti-censorship measure of mine that I deployed in my
publishing of my
new Debian Forums topic: "Defeat and Hope for GNU/Linux" first post was
use of
the, let's give the result to the public:

http://publictimestamp.org/index.pl?pass=search&pass2=ptiddetails&pt=search_ptid&ptid=1236770

The file itself, which tallies with the one published on Debian Forums,
just
without any HTML and typical forums' formatting, you can check at:

http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/gnu/pts/

I will next only correct those typoes and replenish the text with the
missing
links, but apart from a pointer to the new, completed text that I will
insert
at the very top of the first post of my new Debian Forums topic:
"Defeat and
Hope for GNU/Linux", I won't change that now old document.

I will be here for both deb-multimedia.org and FFmpeg mailing lists, as
well as
others addressed in these texts, to review possible follow-ups, and
reply, or,
as necessary, provide further information/opinion/other.

Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia
www.CroatiaFidelis.hr
--
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-21263 sha256 2014-08-01 06:01:46
918F785A0E5033039EE481AB6827DD7837765A07DFBF9B13300D7B14DF51F56B