[FFmpeg-user] Windows build starts slow on encoding

Bouke / VideoToolShed bouke at videotoolshed.com
Tue Apr 23 14:35:13 EEST 2019

> On 15 Apr 2019, at 16:36, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 13:05:08 +0200, Bouke / VideoToolShed wrote:
>> Latest Zeranoe builds (Windows) have a very long delay before starting transcoding.
>> It seems not to be related on in/output codecs
>
> Since Zeranoe provides older versions: Can you pin-point with which
> version this changed? And by how much? (E.g. find the version where it
> changed, and post "before/after" logs.)
>
> I haven't observed this and can't reproduce, so I'd like to a) rule out
> something changed on your side, and b) understand which change may have
> introduced this.

Follow up:
I started testing last sunday, and for the life of me I could not reproduce the issue.
(My Windows did do an update that morning.)
Today the problem was back, and I narrowed it down to running FFmpeg.exe from (a subfolder) from the desktop.
I am totally clueless how this can happen. (The previous tests  from last sunday where the problem did not occur also was from the desktop.)
(Again, it’s a delay introduced before ANY transcoding, but no delay in starting FFmpeg itself.)
Same FFmpeg version run from another location is fine.

Very, very strange.

Bouke