[Libav-user] Trying to create a DVDSUB (.sub) according to Specification

Wagner Patriota wagner.patriota at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 23:18:18 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Nicolas George <
nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:

> L'octidi 8 thermidor, an CCXX, Wagner Patriota a écrit :
> > ok, sorry
>
> No problem, thanks for fixing it.
>
> > why? are you sure you really undertood what I am asking?
>
> I did not until now. Thanks for clarifying.
>
> > I am using the ffmpeg command to join a video with subtitle... the
> attached
> > "a.sub" WORKS PERFECTLY without the .idx file.... it is working. I just
>
> I am quite surprised, as I frequently observed that the timestamps
> (especially the durations) of DVD subtitles streams were somewhat wrong
> without the corresponding index file, but I will take your word for it.

for me it's ok... it's working

> > wanna make the same thing but with a bitmap 8-bit-color. that's simple
> like
> > this!
>
> I am pretty sure this is not possible: DVD subtitles are 2-bits bitmaps.
> This document confirms:
> http://dvd.sourceforge.net/spu_notes
> (of course, the official specification is closed).

I got the mistake, my mistake... the device I am going to play the movie is
actually a OTT device. It's not a DVD as I said before. So, it uses the
DVBSUB as codec. anyways... the CODEC MUST BE DVBSUB...

The same file that you cited ".sub" (and idx, although I don't use)...
where could I find a documentation? is it the same as the VOBSUB?

Thank you so much for the attention.