[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg wav lossless to youtube mov?

Zathras Yes zathras.the.first at gmail.com
Fri May 24 02:11:23 EEST 2024

Hi,

as i have mentioned to Mr. Reindl, the online-converter
https://www.freeconvert.com/wav-to-mov  does the trick.

ffmpeg should be able to do the same, I suppose.
May be, I am in error, may be not...

1. make a wav-files (16 Bit, 44.1 kHz) "sound.wav"
2. use the mentioned online converter from "sound.wav" to "upload.mov"
3. Upload this "upload.mov" to youtube.
4. Go to the youtube-link and download the file "download.mov"
5. extract the sound file out of "download.mov" --> "extracted.wav"
6. Compare the original file "sound.wav" with "extracted.wav" with its
spectrogramms. (Audacity or Spectral Layers for instance)
--> et voila the files are exactly the same!

So, it does work somehow.
For this, I do not understand the length of the discussion (especially with
Mr. Reindl), that it does not work, because it is not supposed to work?
But it does -  so I wonder why it is such a big deal here.